Sunday, May 20, 2007

He Speaks!

So much has happened since I last posted! Alex has picked up a few new signs- "all done" and "diaper/diaper change", and he points to everything now. He has started dancing, so we listen to all kinds of music all the time. Well, everything but country. It's so funny to watch him. He'll stand and hold on to things and bounce to the music, and when he crawls, he'll stop for a minute and rock back and forth, crawl a little further, and then rock some more.

But the greatest thing is that he said his first word!! Last Thursday (May 17th for those of you keeping track.) he said "mama"! Clear as day- I couldn't believe my ears. Alex can get very frustrated- yes, the tantrums have already started- and he was trying to get my attention, so I told him, "you need to say mama"... so he did! The exact same thing happened this morning, and luckily, Omar was here to hear it. We are so proud!

Enjoy the pics- they are from Mother's Day weekend. I had a great day with my boys; very relaxing. Breakfast in bed courtesy of Alex and Omar, some family time outside in the beautiful weather, and then some nice steaks on the grill after Alex went down for the night. And Daddy helped Alex to sign my first Mother's Day card with red finger paint!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so very EXCITED!! Now it has begun, and will never stop LOL
I love the angle on the last pic...Looks like a CCD original almost (hehe)